Early Childhood Services
Montana DPHHS Early Childhood Services Bureau
- The DPHHS website is a great resource to find information on many different subjects including; finding a licensed child care provider in your area, Child Growth and Development, Health Montana Teen Parent Program, Recalls and Product Safety, and Early Headstart programs among many others.
Head Start and Early Head Start
- Head Start is a comprehensive early care and education program, dedicated to serving low-income families nationwide. Head start serves children ages 3-5, as well as families. Early Head start was established to serve children 0-3, as well as pregnant women. For more information visit their website or a location near you.
- For locations in Browning, Babb, Starr School, Heart Butte, or Seville, contact the Blackfeet Tribal Business Council at (406) 338-7370.
- For the Cut Bank location contact Opportunities, Inc. at (406) 453-5415.
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- The Special Supplemental nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, healthcare referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk. For more information or to find out if you qualify, contact a local office.