Low Income Assistance
Montana DPHHS Human & Community Services Division
- The mission of the Human & Community Services Division is to support the strengths of families and communities by promoting employment and providing the assistance necessary to help families and individuals meet basic needs and work their way out of poverty. The division provides cash assistance, employment training, supplemental nutrition assistance (formerly food stamps), Medicaid, child care, meal reimbursement, nutrition training, energy assistance, weatherization, and other services to help families move out of poverty and toward self-support. Programs include Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Work Readiness Component (WoRC), Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP), Commodities Distribution Program, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and many more. For information on these and many more programs visit the website or contact your local office.
- Browning Office: (406 338-5131
- Cut Bank Office: (406) 873-4113
Glacier County Office: (406) 873-4113
- 505 E. Main St, Cut Bank, MT 59427
Lifeline Phone Bill Assistance
- Lifeline is a federal program that allows low income households to receive discounted telephone services, in order to help them make ends meet each month. It is an income based program that must be applied for through your local telephone service. To see if you are eligible or if your provider offers this service, contact your telephone service provider or click here.